Public Health Services For Healthy Environments AND Choices
Community and Public Health (formerly known as Crown Public Health) provides public health services to those people living in the Canterbury, South Canterbury and West Coast regions.
We are a division of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB), but serve as the Public Health Unit (PHU) for two other District Health Boards:
Over 120 staff are located at offices in Christchurch, Ashburton, Timaru and Greymouth. They aim to create environments, policies, communities, and families/whānau that support healthy choices and lifestyles.
Our goals are to:
- Improve the health and wellbeing of our region, especially for children and young adults
- Reduce health inequalities especially for those of relative socio-economic deprivation
- Improve Māori and Pacific health outcomes
- Prevent illness and hospitalisation
- Work in partnership to achieve lasting change
Discover Community and Public Health's Structure, Vision and Purpose.
The Community and Public Health website showcases the work of our staff, including:
Current news, events and appeals within the communities served are also highlighted.